Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Waitress

"I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it.”

Character of Jenna Hunterson played by Keri Russell in Waitress

Sometimes this is exactly how I feel when I want hugs. This is the absolute best way to describe how a hug can make me feel. I'm not saying that I'm in need of hugs right now, but I love how Keri Russell's character puts this into words. As humans, touch is so important to our every day lives and a huge part of our development when we are children. It's amazing how this seemingly simple form of connection between persons can affect how we interact and handle our emotions as adults. Do you agree?

p.s. Please just watch this movie. It's another one of those food movies that you just have to watch. More on that in another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seen it, enjoyed it. liked that it didn't have that Hollywood ending. I was sorry to hear that the writer/director died :( ~kk