Sunday, June 21, 2009

Passing Breezes


I watched the wind and the rain today. I watched the wind as it changed directions and moved the trees to suit its needs. The trees stood tall and proud like soldiers until the wind mussed up their leaves like an older brother ruffles his sibling's hair. They amaze us being able to withstand the earth's storms with little to no damage to themselves. While they don't all survive, they endure and grow upward without being bothered by life's adversities. Their trunks grow stronger and their rings reflect their trials, but still they grow. Their roots hold onto to what is stable knowing that the harder they try the more strength they will have. We use them, but they do not care for then they are useful. I watched the wind as it stirred the trees today and then I knew. I just knew.

No comments: