Sunday, June 17, 2007

Anybody Out There?

I can't tell you all about the book I just read because I liked it so much. It wasn't "chick lit" like I thought it was going to be. In fact, it had a deeper side to it. Ever heard of Marian Keyes? Well, neither had I, not really, until about three days ago. I was searching the library shelves for a new book when I happened across Anybody Out There? on the recommendation shelves. I'm not much for browsing and if the dust jacket doesn't grab my attention in five seconds or less I won't be reading that book that day. Anyway. I want to tell you more about this book, but I'm reading books outside of my Long-Distance Book Club list so that I can pick a good one when it's my turn. Maybe this'll be it. Maybe this wont' be. I do like a good happy ending in books and for awhile I wasn't sure I'd get one. Seriously, it hurts me when there isn't a lot of closure in the sense that I'm used to. Maybe movies make us think of life in some fantastical way, but I still hold fast to happy endings. I don't see any harm in imaging life to better than it is because, in a sense, it will be. Truly! I'd recommend this book to women, but probably not to men. I can relate to teh character because I understand how a woman functions. I also really enjoyed that the main character was Irish and she spoke with an Irish accent. I love reading books where people use their native slang. Well, check it out and see what you think. Enjoy!

(As a side note: I have many posts that are saved, so I will post them one day at a time. Hopefully, you'll find them enjoyable, even without the pictures. I've just been really into writing recently and I'm ready to share that with you)

No comments: