Thursday, January 07, 2010

Post it...or Else!

I was hoping to post almost every other day over the course of 2009, but alas, that did not happen. During the summer I feel like I was more of a posting fiend than my autumn days. In fact, in looking back at 2009, I posted 49 times which was almost once a week. It sounds kind of minimal, but it was more than years prior. The feeling of posting, whether it's something mundane or monumental, left me feeling very satisfied in one aspect of my life. Okay, maybe it fulfilled several voids in my life. It gives me the opportunity to express some thoughts without self-censorship, allows me to write, and makes me feel like I've completed at least one thing a day. All of those aspects of this blog are rather satisfying and I miss that I didn't do that very much over the holiday season.

I have to reiterate how relieved I am that the holidays are over as I did not enjoy them at all. The past few years have been rather difficult as far as holidays go and I refuse to allow depression, annoyances, and work bring me down again. I definitely felt stilted as far as my holiday spirit goes. I had plans of sending wonderful gifts to people and I even wanted to send multiple Christmas cards. However, I did not achieve much of that. I don't like that feeling.

If you recall, over the summer I discovered a book that got me very motivated and more organized in many aspects of my life. Particularly, it was keeping me motivated toclean on a regular basis. I have cracked that book out again because I truly found it very fulfilling and satisfying. I will be giving you more reports on what I'm doing with that as the month goes along. For now, I'll sign off since I should motivate myself to to do the things I've been meaning to do around here.

No comments: