Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sock-o-Rific!


These are my first pair of knitted socks ever! I think they're beautiful and turning the heel wasn't so bad after I figured it out with help from www.knittinghelp.com. My dog,Maven, likes them too.

Apparently my feet are more attractive when I have beautiful socks.

I knitted these with two Size 3, 24' circular needles (I'm not fond of double pointed). I used "Lorna's Hand-Dyed Yarns" in Gold Hill. Beautiful color and great feel to it. It's 100% superwash wool and it feels great on my tootsies. Who doesn't love those autumn colors. Now I can finally move onto my next project: felted computer bag from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. I had to have help with the stitch pattern on that one too. I like to figure things out for myself, but I tried it so many times without the correct results I resorted to posting my question on www.tkga.com. The people who respond on there are fantastic.

I know it's beginning to become spring because it's been raining the past three days. I absolutely love it when it rains. I wish I could sit outside on our tiny back porch and knit and listen to the rain. If only I didn't have to go to work because of rain. Other countries have siestas and the U.S. could start having "rain quiescence days". I like the sound of that. Let's do nothing because it's peaceful outside! Inner solace all around! Knitting to soothe the soul and rain to soothe the mind or vice versa.

Soon I wil post pictures of my progress on the laptop bag. I made a slipper http://www.geocities.com/blossomknitwear/threestrandslippers.html today too. I found an easy pattern for one online since I always have cold feet and I was surprised how quickly it knitted up. The other one I'm saving for tomorrow. Isn't that just special? Check it out and see if you like it. Simple, slightly unattractive, yet great for any acrylic yarn you might have and dont' actually want to use on something other than your feet. :)

Have an awesome rest of the night.

No comments: