Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Your mother was a snow blower!"

These photos don't do justice to the kind of weather we experienced yesterday. In fact, it all looks rather tame if you don't consider the snow drifts that plowmen left behind last night and ignore the completely clear streets. It took about 45 minutes for Jake and I to get the truck out of the driveway and that was after him trying to unbury the tires each time I was able to inch backwards.





Yesterday, I remember looking outside the front doors at work and seeing this gust of white particles. It was sleeting, snowing and "winding" all at once. I was able to see just beyond the front doors, I had a moment where I imagined Pooh and the Blustery Day. You know, where Piglet just kind of flies by and Pooh is dumbfounded by this? I mean, the more I learned about this storm the more I realized we didn't get the brunt of it. I also realized that this was the result of a tornado in the south forming a catalyst for the entire storm, in a sense. Basically, the eastern United States got hit with a blizzard type hurricane. Freaky, huh? Well, maybe I'll have a chance to take some more snow pictures in the future. Stupid Punxutawney Phil.

No comments: