Friday, February 12, 2010

Saint Valentine's Day

I have to admit that I have always felt guilty for wanting to celebrate and enjoy Valentine's Day. In my last relationship, the other person did not care to celebrate Valentine's Day and so we did not. The day has come and gone for me for over 10 years and I have not had the pleasure of truly celebrating this day in all its romantic glory. You know, I don't think of it as a time where you have to go buy a gift and be extravagant, but more a time to tell the person in your life that, while you appreciate them every day, you can make them feel extra special this day. So the good news is that I will actually be celebrating V-day on the 16th by going out to dinner. I think that will be most delightful indeed. I know that this day has been completely commercialized, but I tend to block societal norms out. I don't always realize how publicized these things have become until people start complaining about them. Plus, I've felt guilty for the last 8 years because I was made to believe that I shouldn't even want to celebrate it. Now, I'm going to celebrate by eating. None of this dainty crap for me! I hope everyone celebrates in their own way with their loved ones. Enjoy!

No comments: