Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In the queu

I definitely haven't been blogging as much recently which is strange. It's only strange because I feel I have so much to say to you all. I actually have two posts waiting in the wings, but they need to be tweaked a bit before I release them upon you. There seems to be a lot going on in my life so I definitely want to share with everyone.

Lately, I've been cleaning and rearranging my apartment. Maybe that seems like a trivial thing, but for me it's huge. I hate living in apartments or places that aren't permanent fixtures. I don't get to rearrange things how I want and I don't have enough of the kind of furniture I would like to make it appear permanent. Also, I'm tired of living like a college student. I even had the stupid cable guy fixing something here and he mentioned that I looked like I needed to save money because I looked like a student. I think that was a reflection on my living quarters. ARG! How do you people decorate? I feel like I have no distinct style in any way and that drives me batty. I have so many ideas of how I want my home to look that nothing concrete ever seems to form. Does that make sense? I have colors in my head and patterns that I like, but nothing ever comes to fruition. So I am trying to work with what I have and really make a statement with the objects that I have. I definitely have enough craft supplies and fabric to be able to make almost anything that I desire. I have a lot of unfinished projects so I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to organize them better. I don't want to have a billion unfinished craft projects so I want to work on a system that will keep me from moving on to something else prematurely. Who knows what I'll come up with. So keep reading please! I will get my posts out to you and let you know what's up. Thanks for reading dutifully. I will not go long without posting. :)

4 comments:

Katie, fellow crafter said...

Pick one idea and go with it. Worst case scenario? You don't like it and end up changing it! As far as the multiple craft projects...PACK THEM UP. Pick out one or two that you want to finish first and put the rest somewhere really incovenient to get to and don't let yourself touch them until you finish the others. And quit buying stuff for new crafts. Thats my biggest problem...

Anonymous said...

I suggest having a plan. decide what you want to accomplish. do you want to decorate the walls, or get more/different seating options, or do you want to do something with the flooring/carpet, etc. Also, maybe it would be best to start with one room at a time. Also, think about what colors/styles/themes you'd like. I spent a lot of time looking at pictures in magazines (like Natural Home) and Feng Shui books, which helped give me ideas too. Good luck and have fun! ~kk

Unknown said...

I think it is a great strategy to start with one piece of furniture that you love...you love the pattern, color, size, etc...and go from there. Even if you can't get everything exactly how you want right away having that one perfect piece will make you happier and allow you to take a breath and think about what goes with it.

For me it's this big chair and ottoman...to see it look at my blog archives...Oct 2, 2006. It cost me a ton (and it doesn't have to cost you anything if you love it) but I splurged because I fell in love. I know that this particular chair will always be in the place that I am living.

IncogKnito said...

Oh, I love all of your ideas. I'll definitely try starting with one or two projects and putting the rest away for the time being. Also, I like the idea of picking an item that inspires me for one room and building a theme or style around it. I'd like to do more of that! You guys rock! And I definitely enjoy all my Natural Home magazines for inspiration (thanks KK).